You're eligible for a border region resident permit, if you are one of the following:
- A Victorian border region resident crossing the border. You must not travel to any part of NSW that is outside of the border region. You must not enter NSW if you have travelled in a COVID-19 restricted area within the previous 14 days.
- A NSW border region resident crossing the border. You must not travel to any part of Victoria that is outside of the border region or is a COVID-19 area of concern. If you do travel outside the border region in Victoria or to a COVID-19 area of concern you cannot enter NSW using the border region permit. You’ll need to apply for a NSW resident’s permit to re-enter NSW (requiring a flight to Sydney Airport and quarantine).
- A NSW or Victorian border region resident crossing the border to permanently move home.
You may also be eligible for a permit if you're:
- a person residing and providing a critical service in a non-border region (i.e. not in the border region)
- a person residing in the border buffer providing a critical agriculture service, where the service is not available within a 100km radius in the state where the service is being provided
- Critical agriculture service workers (Victorian residents) who are required to enter NSW to provide their service. You must not travel more than 100kms north of the border, not have been in a restricted area or a COVID-19 area of concern within the last 14 days and must self-isolate except when providing the critical agricultural service.
- Critical agriculture service workers (NSW residents) who are required to enter Victoria to provide their service, must not travel more than 100kms south of the border, self-isolate except when providing the critical agricultural service.
- for child access and care arrangements
- after having accessed essential medical or hospital services in Victoria that are unavailable locally, or not accessible remotely
- to attend court as a defendant, witness or a lawyer in a case, or to meet other legal obligations imposed by a court or an Act (such as bail or parole obligations)
- on compassionate grounds for the provision of 'within days of death' support, or to attend a funeral or memorial service or in other exceptional circumstances. You will need to apply to NSW Health for a compassionate permit exemption code before applying for your border entry permit. All cases are reviewed by a medical team for eligibility.
For any other information, go to ; https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-covid-19-nsw-border-entry-permit