The upgrade includes:
• a new Computed Tomography (CT) scanner
• relocation of the Oncology Unit
• upgrade of the Hospital Emergency Department (ED) including dedicated entrances
for ambulance and patients, treatment spaces, the waiting area and improvements to
the flow of patients through the ED
• upgrade the operating theatre air conditioning to meet new Australian standards
• upgrade to the Day Surgery unit
• upgrade to paediatric safe spaces.
MLHD Chief Executive Jill Ludford said, “The upgrade will improve the way our patients flow through the Emergency Department whether they arrive by ambulance or on foot as well as enhance the privacy for the patients as they are being treated and increase the work space for medical and health staff.”
The Project Team will be available: Thursday 27 May 2021 11am-2pm, The Kiosk, 273 Cressy Street, Deniliquin Thursday 27 May 2021 5.30pm-7pm Deniliquin RSL Club, 72 End Street, Deniliquin
Construction works are due to commence mid this year and be completed in 2022. The 2020-21 budget for MLHD is $663.9 million, an increase of $15.9 million (2.45 per cent) on the previous financial year’s budget.
Since March 2020, the NSW Government has committed more than $3 billion to increase the capacity of the health system, including $458.5 million to fast-track elective surgeries.
This boost in funding has helped bring the 2020-21 Health budget to a record $29.3 billion.